Sunday, May 17, 2009

When it's cold I......



When it's cold I stay inside and scrap and I actually finished 2 layouts and some cards. I've spent so much time putting my stamps into CD cases that I really felt the need to make something. Funny thing is I went to a garage sale the other night at Melanie's (another crafter who by the way is celebrating her birthday today HAPPY Birthday Mel!) and got some flowers and some neat paper...........not that I NEED paper right? But I actually used it today on these layouts.






The 1st layout are pictures of my son Travis and my grandson Alex from their trip to California last fall. I love the paper and I love the picture of Alex trying to catch up to his daddy. When you get paper like this you really just need to find pictures to compliment it and not much else is needed to complete it.




The paper I used on the next layout was totally awesome. The black flowers are actually shiny and almost a metallic look. So from the 2nd piece of that paper I cut out the black flowers and layered them on top of the big white flower in the right hand corner for a 3d look. I added little white flowers to the center of all the flowers and then black brads to the center of the flowers. I also used a little green glitter on the flower petals and some of the brads. The paper was so pretty but adding more flowers to the page just made it POP! My mother is 72 and plays golf just about every day. I sure hope I look that pretty when I am her age!
Well I better go check my flowers to see if they survived the frost last nite. It was 28 when I woke up at 5am this morning.............and this is MAY.......go figure!

5 comments:

Maxine Hodges said...

This is not fair! It is not supposed to get cold again after it has warmed up and started to bloom. Your pond area is just beautiful.
The pages you did are fantastic! I have both of those papers setting in my scrap room and may have to pull them out. I have scrapped alot in the last 3 weeks to get my fiskateers scrapbook up to date and take it to Greenville.
Hope it gets warm soon. I am getting ready to pull flowers inside because we have a fist warning for tonight.

Jacquie Hart said...

awesome pages I love the paper you used for the mothers lo, the flowers are great also

Connie Mercer said...

love those flowers!!!!

Melanie Stanczyk said...

You did a great job! Love those flowers.

I love the pond. I was looking at the photos before I read what you wrote and wondered how you were gonna keep the turtles in the pond. Guess I should read first uh?

Can you believe I sold every piece of scrapbooking stuff I had out there, plus more cause I refilled it the next day.

Marla said...

Beautiful LOs Louise - love what you did to make the flowers POP!!