Monday, May 11, 2009

a new day





Well I waited ALL day for any of my sons to call but not one did...........so instead of getting all depressed my dh & I kept busy in the yard. I weeded some flower beds and he worked around the pond............did I say work......I think there has to be a better work. He took all the pavers out of the circle near the pond that our patio set had set on and he lined them up and down the path along the flower beds. Then he dug out 3 inches of dirt from there after we went and bought a truck load of sand. After filling it with sand we then put our swing in there so not only can we now have a better view of the waterfall but will be able to see the fish swim in the pond once we get some more. Here's a pic of the final project. Talk about peaceful and serenity...........sitting in that swing, watching the birds and butterflies..............life cannot get better! Lots of green plants coming up but only my bleeding heart is flowering but I will take another picture soon to show you how fast it changes. Hoping this morning's temp of 32 won't hurt anything out there.





But wait it did............My friend Jen appeared as we were just finishing up and she had made me a Mother's day card and gift knowing the situation with my sons. That was above and beyond the friendship call and let me show you what she made. Not only is the star box decorated so darn cute but the candle inside is also adorable. Thanks so much Jen.............you will never know how much this meant to me! This is one more BIG reason why I am proud to be a Fiskateer cuz that is how I met her a little over a year ago.
Happy Monday everyone!




11 comments:

Betsy said...

WOW the pond looks great and Jen is such a sweetie!!!!! Friends are the family you choose...and you got a winner with her!!!

Maxine Hodges said...

What a great surprise! What a beautiful garden and pond. Who would not love to sit and admire nature in your lovely garden.
Thnaks to Jen for brightening your day.
You are such a wonderful person. Enjoy your new space!

maryanneh said...

nice work jen! what a truly wonderful surprise! happy belated mothers day!
maryanne#5271

Marla said...

AHHH Louise what a sweetheart Jen is. I love your pond and waterfall. I have always wanted a waterfall in my backyard.!!!

Unknown said...

You are so welcome :) Glad that I could make your day!!!!

Jessica said...

Hey! I know you feel about mom's day. It's my least fave holday, because I can't seem to wrangle both my sons in my presence at the same time. So I'd had just decided that I wouldn't celebrate. Then my boyfriend decided he would give me a gift! First time in our 7 years! lol He gave me a book on card making I'd been eyeing and he broughe me, chocolate roses would you believe! He must want something.... lol Your pond and garden is wonderful. Nice work both of you.

Melanie Stanczyk said...

What a great friend!

The Pond looks pretty! I bet it is so relaxing out there.

Tona said...

Your backyard looks great and I'm so glad that Jen made your day special.

Julie Overby said...

That is so awesome of Jen! I'm so glad she made your day.

Your yard looks fantastic and I should definitely be out in mine! One of these days! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love that pond! It looks like a lot of work but it is worth it!
And what a truly great firend you have!

Patti Smith said...

What a beautiful, peaceful place to enjoy Louise....I would love to sit there and enjoy it with you!!!!Glad Jen made your day special...big hugs!!