Saturday, May 23, 2009

What's blooming in my backyard.....








We are fortunate enuf to have lilacs on both ends of our back yard so wherever we choose to sit we have that lovely aroma at this time of the year.
This is what lines our fence line on the north side of our yard......and by our pond we have both white and purple lilacs!


I tried to get some good pictures of what is blooming today but it was so overcast. I did get one of the yellow flowers just starting to open in the pond.





My bleeding heart plant is in bloom and it is a mix of both white and pink flowers. Neat huh? I also have been lucky enuf to collect a large variety of hosta's as you can see by this picture that all 3 of them are different and then lo and behold up pops a little purple pansy right in the middle. How sweet is that?





last but not least I took a picture of the 2 little coy fish that I got for the pond. Good thing I did as since then they have been busy playing hide and seek whenever I come out by the pond. Hopefully within a few weeks they will be coming out to the edge and begging for food like they have done in the past. Right now all they need to do is see a shadow and they dive behind the rocks or under the plants. Can you find them in the picture.........they are pretty near the plants and are only about 3 to 4 inches long. Wait to see pictures at the end of the summer and see how big they get. have a great Memorial day week-end.

8 comments:

Tona said...

Wow! Those lilacs are fantastic! Such cute little fish too. Your gardens are great. How nice & relaxing it must be to sit out there.

Lorraine said...

Wow.....you have a gorgeous backyard...we've only had 2 days of warm weather this year and that was in the last 2 days..

Jessica said...

Louise, Can I come sit with you in your backyard? You and your hubby have done a wonderful job!!!

Lisa's Scrap Site said...

Such a beatiful garden,I miss the smell of my lilacs.

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Look at all those beautiful flowers.

and fish! you have fish outside! I want fish outside.

Marla said...

Wow Louise you have an awesome backyard!!

Patty Williams said...

Lilacs are gorgeous!

AprilStorm said...

Louise, I read yr blog and love the garden pics! I live in Peachtree City, GA on a golf course and we have over 80 miles of cart paths throughout the city. I would love to know where you found yr mini golf cart! :) Thanks!
Lynda (sent here by Mary NSC)