Thursday, July 9, 2009

a stunning flower






Last year my husband picked out a perennial called Globe Centaurea and it didn't do much that year. This summer it grew and it grew (it's probably 3 feet tall now) and then came the buds. Well everyday he would go out there to see if it finally did something and today was the day. As you can see it is TALL and it has something like a brown honeycomb type of bud and then from the center of that comes this yellow flower.

I took a closeup of one that is just starting too. I imagine with all the buds on this that it will be a show stopper in time. I will take a picture when the full thing is in bloom. You just never know with all this cool dry weather we have been having when anything will bloom. Normally my morning glories are open by now but not this year. My clematis are doing very well tho! What I really need to do is a garden journal so I can keep track every year what is where, what the name is and when it will bloom................hmm good intentions but will I get around to it?

2 comments:

Tona said...

What a great flower! I've never seen one like that before.

Jessica said...

I've never seen anything like this either! It's beautiful! It's leaves and the flower almost look like a dandilion. I know it's a weed, But I like them!