Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fiskars 360th birthday



Hard to believe any company can be that old huh? Yesterday they had a HUGE birthday party at the happiest place on earth.........DisneyWorld in Orlando. Wish I could have been there as it looked like everyone had an awesome time. Instead Fiskars had a 2 day online crop for all of us that couldn't be there so I spent ALL day scrapping yesterday and actually completed all the challenges. Today hasn't been as productive but thought I would show you a few of the layouts that I did yesterday and today.
This was a layout that I scraplifted from someone else..........meaning they made one very similar that I liked so I copied it. I made the flowers with one of my punches in 2 different colors and just put a blue brad in the center of it. Embellishments can be made easily with things we have on hand in our scrap supplies. Fun to see my grandchildren playing with the Fisher Price toys that my sons played with when they were that age too.
This layout of my grandson Alex was to use different pieces of pattern papers and nuthing bigger then 8 inches. I love the scalloped hearts that I made with my Fiskar punches. The stamped saying on the bottom "You have a very special place in my heart" is also one of my favorite stamps to use.



Sometimes it takes a day like this when you actually pull out old pictures and scrap them......like this layout from an outdoor concert Kevin & I went to. Rockfest was back in 1999 and I got some good pictures of Ted Nugent.............ooh those were the days!

This paper and the transparencies that I used had to be some of the prettiest stuff that Fiskars ever made! The challenge was to use a key in the layout and I love the way it turned out!

5 comments:

Marla said...

Great job on the challenges Louise!!

Laura C said...

The b'day party was just the prescription to help you get some Mojo Louise! Love your layouts. Wish I could have participated but my daughter and her surgery was my main intention for those two days

Laura #5939

Niki Ray's Book Blog said...

Great Job on all of your entries!!!

Jessica said...

Hey Louise, love the layouts! I'm glad to see you creating! I left you a little something on my blog.
Take care
Jess

Patty Williams said...

All the layouts are great, Louise! The bottom one is just so special !