Sunday, March 1, 2009

My 1st Stampin Up Workshop







This past summer I met a wonderful lady at a garage sale (imagine that) and it seemed we had a common interest in stamping so she sent me an email and invited me along to her daughters house today for a workshop where they would be making 3 cards. What perfect timing since I have been making cards and wondering what the secret is to coloring them etc. Even tho I didn't know a soul I had a great time and made 3 awesome cards............check them out yourself!
The purple flowered one I actually used a paintbrush and just dabbed at a colored crayon or something they had there for us to use. It turned out so nice and with so little effort!
The 2nd one you can't really see how pretty the purple is but they had a punch similar to the Fiskars Treading Water punch that made the scallop which was glued underneath the top of the folded over part of the card. The dress was stamped & then cut out and glued over the stamped image kinda giving it that "raised" look. The sentiment said I didn't forget your birthday I'm just fashionably late..........how cute is that? Then there is a card that slides inside for further embellishment which at this point all mine is white!
The 3rd card was stamping 4 different flowers on small circles, gluing it on the next size circle and gluing that to the scalloped circle. 2 pieces of ribbon really made the difference and of course contrasting card stock just finished that card. None of these cards took a ton of time and they turned out so cute. I am sure glad that I went and wonder why I have never been invited to one before! Have a great evening!

2 comments:

Tona said...

Your cards are wonderful. The only lady I know that does those card classes is 2 hours away from me so needless to say I don't drive that far just to make a few cards. I wish I had somebody closer because those cards look great & I think it would be fun to do.

Maxine Hodges said...

Wow, Your cards are elegant and beautiful. what a great job!