Saturday, February 7, 2009

My great find today at a local thrift store



Well here in Wisconsin it got up to 40 today so Kevin & I decided to take a walk. Gotta get out after being cooped up with temperatures below 0. Up the block is a resale shop and as we were walking thru it my dh looks up and says isn't that the kind of thing you were looking for ? And there high up on the top shelf was a retail spinner that would work perfect to use as a clip up system.......best part it was 75% off so I walked out of the store with it for only $2.25.

You can imagine all the fun I had loading it up course I did run out of clips but I have more ordered so not a problem. I'm one of those crafters that have to see what I have.......you know what they say......out of sight...out of mind plus I do love my organization.
3 sections have room for long items and the other 3 sections have 2 spaces to hang shorter items. I have 75 clips on here and it's not even half way full. Best part is when I start scrapping all I have to do is spin it to what I am looking for....flowers, bday embellishments, bling etc. I am so happy with my latest find and I owe it all to my husband!

9 comments:

Barb - Fiskateer #2975 said...

Good job on the shopping!
It was warm here (45ish) so a great turnout for the local winter festival - we were out walking and window shopping too! The only stores we went into were the LSS and a new bike store. We went to the bed races on the creek - I was a tad worried about the melting ice!

Candace H said...

What a GREAT find! Kudos to your DH and enjoy your new embellishement center!

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Awesome! Sure makes me want to stop at THAT EXACT STORE. LOL! Never know what you can find hidden around the store.

Tona said...

Great find!

Patti Smith said...

Awesome find. I so need something like that....

Niki Ray's Book Blog said...

Good find Louise I love thrift shopping :) the last find I had was at the thrift shop here on post. I got a baggie full of stampin up stamps for $2.oo (10 stamps) I left there feeling like I owed them somthing lol. Great find have fun with it!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous find! Enjoy organizing.

java diva said...

Aaahhh!! Awesome!! So happy for your find!

Jessica said...

Very Cool find! Cudo's to a great hubby! Lucky you!