Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Are you superstitious? Is 13th one of your unfavorite numbers? Did you ever notice that most elevators don't have a 13th floor?
I had my unlucky day yesterday when I sliced my finger pretty good with a new bread knife from Fiskars but I learned my lesson and not picking up any sharp knives today. Also pretty much babying that left hand since I am afraid that the wound will re-open and not so sure this time I could get the bleeding to stop. You should have seen me sleeping last nite with my hand elevated on a pillow so I wouldn't bump it in my sleep and re-injure myself. But hey it did work.
It didn't help tho to wake up this morning and see all the news about the plane that went down and killed everyone in it (New York I think?) We will be getting on a plane tomorrow to go to Texas and visit my brother........so no not enough to stop me from going but enough to make me nervous. But I am looking forward to some R & R and some nicer weather next week so I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day tomorrow!

4 comments:

Niki Ray's Book Blog said...

I dont really think about the #....I have had some bad ones but no certian day...lol Sorry to here about your finger hope you feel better soon!! Hope you get the R and R your looking for. Take care XoXo NB

Tona said...

Have a great valentine's day tomorrow & a safe trip. Enjoy the warmer weather. "See" ya when you get back.

Mary said...

Sorry to hear about your finger, glad you are alright.

Anonymous said...

Some days are unlucky regardless of the #, I had several bad days last month but this week was good at least. I hope your finger heals, just wrap it up really good and layer socks on it to help not bump it while you travel. Have a safe trip!!
Jenn J
jennjunk.blogspot.com