Sunday, February 1, 2009

My First Crop
























Well I was so excited to be going to my 1st crop that I couldn't sleep at all that nite. I was spending the night at my son's house and I set the alarm on my cell phone but I was afraid it wasn't going to go off so all night long I got up EVERY hour. Finally at 5am I got dressed, packed up and left. I was meeting Jennie in Edgerton but I was driving on some small back highways so was worried whether I would really find this truck stop we were meeting at. I actually arrived 30 minutes early LOL! You know I wasn't even nervous about driving almost 2 1/2 hours with a complete stranger cuz Jennie was a Fiskateer and believe me that time went so fast and we had so much in common that the radio never even came on. That is Jennie in the middle of this picture (in yellow) sitting at our table. You would think we could have gotten a good pic of the 2 of us but..... And look how cute Betsy decorated the registration table & she even had name tags that had mini little scissors on them.


















We had some challenges like decorating a pair of scissors and of course you could win prizes. Here's a picture of the pair I did in buttons and it did win 2nd place YES! It was so much fun walking around from table to table to see what everyone was doing and all their kewl tools & accessories. Some people actually came to this crop and got allot of scrapping done. Being my 1st one I was pretty busy visiting and checking out everybody. It was fun putting a face to a name after talking to people on the Fiskateer board week after week.



We took a short break for an awesome lunch of moscatolli, salad, garlic bread & brownies. Then we watched the move "scrapped" while doing some more scrapping ourselves. Yes I did get a few pages done & I made some valentine day cards that were being donated to an old age home.





Did I mention the word prizes yet? Just look at this table full......there were so many generous donations and everyone went home with goodies!


We also played a white elephant game trading gifts that everyone brought in. This turned out to be so much fun especially when there ended up being 2 albums that were in big demand and were constantly being stolen.
















The time went way too fast and before you know it was 4pm and we had to head back to Wisconsin. The drive back to Edgerton went fast and as we neared our meeting place where my car was.............we saw a very bright shooting star fall out of the sky! That was pretty kewl but it was amazing that other people that were at the crop back in Illinois also saw the same star. I'm hoping that means February is gonna be a great month for us all!


It was a long, dark drive in the night back to Stevens Point but I did get home around 9:30pm and was very happy to sleep in my own bed!


Don't forget this is the day I will be drawing a random name for the RAK of Fiskar goodies I posted earlier this week so stop on back either later tonite or tomorrow morning and see if your name was drawn. Have a great Super Bowl Sunday!!

11 comments:

java diva said...

You did a great job capturing shots of the day! I can't believe that thought never crossed my mind! :(
I'm so happy you got home at a reasonable time. Hope you got some sleep last night!!

Betsy said...

Glad you had a blast! I never realized until you said something at the crop that this was your first one!!! Glad your first crop was with me!!! It was so good to see you again!!!

Tona said...

Sounds like you had sooo much fun!

Brian's Blog said...

Wow that looks like a lot of fun. I have been to one Fiskars crop and it was a blast. I hope to do more in the future. Thanks for sharing.

Maxine Hodges said...

I din't realize it was your first crop, that you were a virgin. We crop together evey 2 weeks and there is so much fun, fellowship and cropping. I am so glad you had a great time. Gla to hear another is already planned.

Mary said...

That looks like it was so much fun, I hope to do a Fiskars crop in the future- unfortunately it seems like the fun crops always fall on the Saturdays that I work.

BethW said...

I'm jealous. I've never been to a crop-looks like you had a wonderful time-glad you could go!

MaryMc61 said...

Hey Louise!!! We had a great time it was so great meeting you too!! My sis in law definitely wants to come back and crop with everyone! We had a great table all the gals were a lot of fun! Glad you made it home safe and sound too!

Mardi said...

Glad you had a great time! Did you drive 5 1/2 hours to get there? I can't make the next crop because I am already committed to another, but hopefully there will be more crops that I will have a chance to meet you at!

Unknown said...

So glad to hear that you had a great time..that goodie table looks yummy

Unknown said...

Louise,
So glad I could join you at your first crop!