Sunday, January 17, 2010

Farmville

8 days ago, I would have given you a blank look if you would have mentioned Farmville on Facebook but today it is a different story. On New Years day when we went down to visit my son Travis, we saw both him and his girlfriend Jamie playing a farming game on their computer. We asked a few questions and watched them plant and harvest crops. I walked away saying.......I just don't get it. Plus it looked like it could be time consuming.

Well last Saturday night Kevin went and started Farmville on our computer. On our way to bowling I insisted he call Travis to tell him that I didn't do it. Sunday I kinda looked on as I watched Kevin plant some crops and harvest them. Monday when he was at work I thought I better keep an eye on things and harvest stuff etc. And that's how it all started..........next you know I was collecting chickens, eggs, horses and trying to earn points to get to the next level. Here it is ONE week later and I am at level 20. I have 4 penguins, 2 horses, 2 goats,2 sheep, 6 cows, 3 kittys, 58 chickens and 17 calves. Ooops forgot that 1 pig and the 2 ducks. These were all gifts that I received or presents from eggs that I hatched.

I started out planting strawberries and have worked my way up to grapes. I still don't know all the secrets of this game and when I visit other farms I am amazed at all the buildings and how pretty their farms are. Speaking of other farms I am looking for neighbors so if you are playing this game too and want to add me as your neighbor I would be happy to come over and feed your chickens and fertilize your fields.

It's actually very addicting and competitive but FUN! I have quite a few friends on there and some of my family so we are interacting in a new way. I've even found some of my crafting friends and fellow Fiskateers on there.............so if you are out there playing too........add me as your neighbor and send me some trees!

4 comments:

Laura C said...

Oh heavens NO LOUISE - no no no - you will have no life - I'm telling you it will take over your life. No time for crafting, just mindless hours on the computer

Nicole A. said...

Ohhhhh how this made me chuckle! I LOVE farmville, lol! I even started my grams a facebook so she now plays to. Not only do we have a farm, I have a cafe, an island, a restaurant, and the list goes on, it's out of hand lol. It's fun and I check on them a couple of times a day when checking emails.

Ziggyeor said...

Oh no! I got sucked into farmville too but I haven't gone back to any of the FB games. It was taking too much crafty time.

I love the journal/calendar you made! Very nice I made a little one for myself too :)

Lorraine said...

I've heard of this game and thank goodness Facebook is blocked on our computer. I would never get any sewing or scrapping done....